Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've got say, if there was a top of the best internet projects I'm sure Wikipedia ( http://www.wikipedia.org/) would be in the first 3. For those of you unfamiliar with the project (is that even possible?), Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia on all possible topics.
It's just great! They have so much information stored there on so many different subjects, it amazes you even after a million visits. Any time I need to know something about ANY topic, I search for it first on Wikipedia. I used to search for it on Google, but it kept linking me to Wikipedia, where, on every occasion I would find data to my satisfaction.
So if you can help this project in any way, if you can write articles on things not there yet, of if you can donate money to the project, do it! It is an unbelievably useful site !

No comments: