Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The start of a new chapter in my so-called online "life": The Mighty BLOG

Well... here we go. Like sheep following the flock. We start out very own blog. If anyone will actually ever read this, thrown here by some random chance, passing over the millions of other blogs on the internet, I welcome you.
I must mention this from the beginning: even though it was suggested, I was strongly against starting my own blog until now. Web logs being so widely mentioned in the media and everyone rushing to make one of their own and spam their link on every possible messaging system... it just made me reject the whole idea. But, after reading a few articles tonight, I got convinced that having my own little place where I could just "speak" my mind on anything I wanted was pretty appealing. As an old forum poster, I must say this is much less restrictive and personal. Which is why I guess it took to so many.
I don't know how long I will keep this up, or how often I'll post something new. I guess in the end it will depend if anyone will be reading it or not.
Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a high school student and a computer programmer. My high school is specialized in IT and programming. I have a lot of experience with computers, raging from software design, to 3D art, to web design, photo editing, database management, security, network... etcetera. So you should probably expect many of my articles to be IT-related.
This is all for my first article. I'll post the next one very soon.

1 comment:

Carol King said...

Hi R. Thanks for your recent comment. Congrats on your new blog. If you are looking to increase your readership, might I suggest MyBlogLog.

It is a great place to interact with bloggers and discover new blogs. If you are active on MyBlogLog you will get visits in return.

If you wish you can start by visiting my community and have a browse around before you sign-up.

http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/community/Home-Biz-Lady

Have a great weekend
Carol King
http://www.homebizblogging.com